First, let me made a bold (true) statement.
Evernote is the best idea companion application in the world
There I said it. In this Article, I’m looking to break-down why small little tips/cures within the application can bring huge value to your day to day activities either at work or play.
Here are 5 cures to 5 problems with your daily routine that Evernote for iPhone can fix.
PROBLEM 1 : TRUST
- You seem to be struggling with your apps storing your information.
- You hate it when your friends could jump in and see your DOB, Voice recordings of your Spanish vocab or even Cat’s Insurance number…
- If these apply to you, you have the “trust” problem.
CURE 1: EVERNOTE TOUCHiD
- The cure is simple. Flip the Evernote App up to start…
- Head over to “Settings” > “General” > “Passcode Lock”
- From here you can “Turn Passcode On” with either Touch ID or for iPhone 5C and below use Passcode security.
PROBLEM 2: AUDIO MEMORY
- Do you run out of memory when you are recording Evernote Audio Clips?
- Do you want more space to record your lecturers, team meetings and Granddad’s chats about the old days?
- Then you are having an “Audio Memory” Problem
CURE 2: LOW QUALITY!
- Head over to the “Settings” cog > “General” > “Audio” > Hit “Low Size”
- The Quality of the sound isn't as bad as you think and you’ll still get a better experience for remembering those important times.
PROBLEM 3: REMINDERS SWIPED AWAY
- Do you accidentally swipe notifications and forget about them?
- Do you do this with Evernote Reminders…?
- Do you forget fast after that…?
CURE 3: EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS
- Head over to “Settings” > “General” > “Reminders”
- Hitting Receive Reminder Emails” will help you remember via email
- It will save accidental swipes from the app and also nag you twice!
PROBLEM 4: BEING A BUSINESS PERSON
- This isn’t a problem. ☺
- But you are, as a business person, are king of receiving Business Cards
- And… never doing anything with them…?
- And you are also the King of LinkedIn…
- Would be great to sort that out…?
CURE 4: The Business Card + LinkedIn King
- Head over to “General” > “Camera” > “Business Cards”.
- From here add your LinkedIn account information via “connect”
- Once you are connected.
- You can scan Business Cards to get information in real time about their LinkedIn Profile.
- It is very CLEVER!
PROBLEM 5: Saving Time
- You go through lots of information across your day
- Do you struggle from saving small amounts of time on the train home, waiting for tea to cook in the microwave and feeding your cat… ?
- Do you like swiping but don’t get to do it that much?
FINALLY : CURE 5: THE MINI-SWIPE
- Simply go to your “Notes” feed
- Swipe over the note in “Cards” or “Snippet” view — it looks better in Card view…
- From here you can access:
- 1 — Reminders
- 2 — Short cutting Notes
- 3 — Binning apps
- This will save you lots of time across your day!