For those following me here on Medium, you’ve most likely experienced on notable thing. The sole and one post I’ve made in the last 6 months.
Cutting things short, the answer for this long break-up with Medium has been the fact that I thought Medium was shutting down.
During December of 2018, I was reading a lot of coverage about people dropping out from Medium, the membership take-up being poor and Medium not delivering much reach.
Of course, now in June 2019, we see Medium is still with us and probably gaining traction — rather than lacking success. So what did I learn from this break-up with Medium and what’s next?
What Did I Learn?
- Don’t Listen to News — If I hadn’t have worried and dropped out of Medium posting, I might have been growing my presence by 500 new followers a month, which was the last recorded month rate.
- Don’t Drastically Pause — I just stopped one day, from writing 2–3 posts a week, to nothing. This drastic pause didn’t do anything for my writing muscles and of course my own marketing skills.
- Have Two Blogs — During the time I dropped Medium, I grabbed the website by the horns, along with Alice Camilla — and during this time, we brought our attention to help get the blog up by 3,000+ unique visitors on average per month.
What’s Next for Medium?
- Posting Twice a Week — Back again posting twice a week with thought pieces about the software space. From Evernote’s Comeback to Notion’s Rocket Path — it’s
- Learning Once Again — I’m back to the drawing board with Medium, eager to learn and taking all the learnings in. Medium has a place in my heart and I’m glad to be writing once again.
It’s good to be back!
Follow me on Twitter @FrancescoD_Ales — I’d love to chat!